Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Peace!

Offspring #2 came over because we are planning a back pack camping adventure. We needed to get our back packs in order. I asked whether a certain sculpture in the driveway was noticed. It was not noticed.  Later when pointed out, it was noticed.  "What is it?" asked Offspring #2.  I thought it was obviously a peace symbol. "There is supposed to be a line down the middle," says Offspring #2. I point out there is a line down the middle.  I spent a full hour with a hammer and a chisel gouging that line down the middle. Actually all that hammering felt good because I was am still angry about the tree cowboy who butchered this black walnut tree. Offspring #2 informs me that line down the middle is supposed to go all the way through the circle.  Jiminy Cricket! I was trying to artistically display a symbol of peace and instead I am advertising for Mercedes Benz.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...