Friday, July 27, 2018

The Music Shop

You are in for a treat if you decide to read this book by Rachel Joyce.  She also wrote The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye and The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessey. I enjoy her writing. But the ending!  Oh the ending of this book is especially splendiferous. I could just picture myself at the scene in the shopping mall. I could imagine the food court and the escalators and the mall security guards. I could almost smell the burgers and fries.  I could definitely hear the sounds of the mall.  I could picture the looks on people's faces as the scene changed from a normal Saturday to a special Saturday. I should not say too much more or I will give it away.  Better you get a copy of the book and read it for yourself.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...