Monday, July 23, 2018

Rum Diary

I decided to read The Rum Diary because my nephew went to Puerto Rico and I thought it would be good to read a book set in that island.  After reading this book by Hunter S. Thompson I am tempted to brush my teeth, take a hot shower, drink only cold water, refuse anything to eat and perhaps join a convent. There is so much sinful indulging in this story that I felt guilty reading it in the lunchroom at work. This novel is loaded with unhealthy people making huge mistakes over and over and over again. The sad thing is they're not having any fun while they make their mistakes even though they are living in a tropical paradise.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...