Monday, July 9, 2018

Rabbit Cake

I stumbled upon Rabbit Cake at the library and picked it up having no idea what a great author Annie Hartnett is.  Her story about a family is narrated by a ten year old girl named Elvis. Elvis is very curious and has a scientific way of thinking. She tries to understand the reasons why her parents and her older sister act the way they do. Her mother and her sister walk in their sleep which is something I used to do when I was a child.  I used to wake up in the middle of the night at the bottom of the stairs curled around the vacuum cleaner wondering how I got here and why did my arm  hurt.  Lucky for me I grew out of it because sleep walking can be dangerous. Although much of the story is about grief and loss, this book is heartwarming and as pleasant as a cake shaped like a rabbit.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...