Sunday, July 29, 2018

Here Comes The Rain Again!

I rode my bike on Thursday and got caught in multiple rain showers on the way home.  I made it home fine but I was so upset about it I took my car on Friday. One Friday it didn't rain one bit all day.  On Saturday I took my bike out for a ride.  The sky was blue with fluffy white clouds that looked like cotton balls. I come out of the gym and see rain clouds! Did I get caught in the rain?  Yes, I did. I was soaked.  Today I go out again.  The sky is blue with puffy white clouds.  And guess what?  I come out of the gym and there are rain clouds again! I would have made it home dry if only the traffic at the fairgrounds wasn't so bad.  I got a cramp in my left hand from holding the clutch so much.  Pedestrians made it through there quicker than I did.  I took shelter at a gas station. Also, I had to buy gas. Four other bikes pull in and we complain together.  We buy gas and wipe off our bikes.  My bike is the smallest. Two Harley Davidson's and one Indian bike made mine look tiny.  Later a Kawasaki pulled up. We all nod and commiserate as we wait out the rain.  Eventually the rain gets lighter.  I take back roads home through neighborhoods at 30 miles per hour.  I don't like driving in the rain. I worry about the oil on the road making it slippery.  I try not to drive where I think the oil falls. I try to stick to where the car wheels go. I am almost home when the rain stops. So what do I do?  I decide to go around another block in my neighborhood just because I can.  As soon as I pass my block the rain begins again. Yep, here come the rain again.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...