Saturday, March 14, 2020

Feeding Birds

I finally got my bird feeders up at my new place. The back yard has no trees. Beyond the back yard are some scraggly trees. I had to buy a bird hanging accessory at Menards today. I was hoping to attach it to the deck but my very small deck has four inch board at the top instead of 2 or 3 inch boards so it didn't work unless I attached it horizontally instead of vertically. So I attached it horizontally. I hope this works. So far in my yard I have seen crows, back capped chickadees and pigeons. With the suet hanging there I hope to feed some woodpeckers.  The black sunflower seeds should draw lots of birds. Feeding birds makes this place feel more like home. The white snow in the background is my neighbor's yard. Beyond that is a ravine where Chester Creek flows. The Superior Hiking Trail follows Chester creek up hill from the Rose Garden on the shore of Lake Superior to the Hartley nature Center which is north of here.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...