Tuesday, March 3, 2020

I Voted

Today I voted. I first had to register to vote because I moved from the suburbs into a town. I live in Duluth now. I live halfway up the hill near Chester Creek. I decided that after I retired I did not need to stay in the same house which was much too large for me anyway. I thought I would rent from now on and try on all four corners of the state for size. Another plan in my mind is to hike some of the Superior hiking trail so Duluth is a good spot to do that. Might as well do the physical things on my list earlier rather than later in life. Turns out the Superior hiking trail goes right through my back yard. I moved on Monday. I hired people to do the work and the two guys who helped me were very good movers. I am still putting things away. I have yet to find my percolator. Without coffee I don't work as fast. On the day I moved in I walked to the backyard to show my moving guys were to store the kayak. The driveway to the backyard is steep and wicked slick. I fell and sprained my wrist. I bought a wrist brace and it feels much better today but my arm and hand are bruised and sore. Eventually I will get everything put away. Today I walked to my poling station. City dwellers can walk to poling stations. Suburbanites are usually unable to do that. I am adjusting to life in the city. I can hear my neighbors but they are not too loud. One of them plays the guitar which I like. Today I emptied 12 boxes. Tomorrow I want to assemble my bed (instead of sleeping on the mattress on the floor) and empty 10 or more boxes. I really hope to find that percolator!

2 comments:

PCRalph said...

Congratulations on your move! How cool to have part of the SHT right in your own back yard! Happy hiking and happy lake watching! Sorry to hear about your wrist! I know someone at work that would envy your wrist brace. :)

Sue said...

Thanks! LOL I know who you are talking about. Wearing this brace is not fun. I can't imagine wanting to wear it if I didn't have to.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...