Saturday, March 7, 2020

Walking The Shore

My new apartment has an ancient kitchen sink. The formerly white porcelain sink is a combination drainboard and a large rectangular sink. There was no dish strainer or plug there. The hole in the drain is large enough to wash away a finger if you happened to cut one off. I drove to a hardware store to buy a sink basket strainer to filter out the larger pieces of food that end up in the sink. After my purchase I looked down toward the lake and was drawn to it like a magnet. I parked at Leif Erickson park. I walked west through the slush to the lake walk which was clean and dry. I walked as far as Fitger's brewery before I headed back.

I really enjoyed the scenery. Liquid water is a sight for sore eyes. I hope living by Lake Superior will satisfy my urge to be near an ocean. I plan to watch many waves crash to shore while I live up here.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...