Monday, March 30, 2020

Munger Trail

The Munger Trail is another walking path the city of Duluth is recommending. The city said it got permission from the DNR to plow this path. Sections of it looked plowed but other sections did not. I started out on the Munger trail near the Duluth zoo and William Munger Inn. I walked south west for a couple of miles until it crossed over Highway 23. I turned around and walked back. This path is the flattest walk I have taken in this city. I walked over Knowlton creek. I walked past Spirit Mountain ski slopes. In some places I could see the Saint Louis river. I enjoyed my walk and the fresh air. In the spring sometimes the snow packs at the side of the black top trail. The warm surface of the black top melts the snow above. I always enjoy stepping on these ledges of ice. The satisfying sound of them breaking off and the knowledge that I am hurrying spring along by making the ice melt faster gives me pleasure. I must not be the only one who gets pleasure in this because all along the path other people have done it too. I can see the curved chunks of ice tilted down where someone else has stepped. Fresh air, exercise, and breaking off snow/ice chunks - who could ask for more?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...