Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Hartley Nature Center

Today I went for a walk around Hartley Nature Center. There is a lot of snow up here. I took this picture to illustrate how much of a snow pack is left. Across the wooden bridge the snow has melted. In the center of the bridge is the snow pack which is a good two feet higher than the wooden slats of the bridge. Walking across the bridge on top of the snow pack, the railings are so low I would have to crouch to reach them. Instead of 5 feet four inches tall I am 7 feet four inches tall. Today the high temperature got to 37 degrees where some melting can occur but not enough to put much of a dent in this thick layer of snow. There were a few people out and about at the nature center. I saw school aged children with a parent and some older people. I could have walked farther and longer but after slipping a few times and almost loosing my balance, I couldn't see the forest for the freeze so I went back to my car and drove home.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...