Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Neighborhood Walk

Last night I made my plans to today. I was going to the YMCA and swim ten laps. I was going to go the library to pick up a book I had on hold. I was going to mail a letter to a friend. By morning I learned that the YMCA and the library were closed until further notice. Instead I went for a walk around my new neighborhood. Here is a picture of Chester Creek. In the bottom left corner of the photo you can see the shadow of the railing I am standing near. You can even see my shadow. Water runs cold in the open air in some spots. 

Here is another view from 50 feet farther up the street. This is a gorgeous city, on a hill beside a great lake. I guess I will have to do some walking for exercise now that the YMCA is closed. Any walk around here is scenic. My plan while I lived in Duluth was to walk some of the  Superior hiking trail. I could start that now but I want to be sure the path isn't icy first.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...