Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The Lost Girls of Paris

The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff was the book chosen by my book club this month. Actually, because I moved, I should say my former book club. Almost everyone enjoyed the novel. We all wondered why there are so many good stories about the events in World War Two. This story is about British women who were recruited to be spies and to send telegraph information from Nazi occupied France. So the story is based on real women but the details are fiction. For eleven years I have been a member of this book club but last night I had to say goodbye. To assist the group I created a blog to keep everyone in the loop. Last night a woman returned to the group after an eight year hiatus. She had read the book for tonight. When asked how she knew to read the correct book she said, "Someone in this group keeps up a very nice blog!" I laughed because she was talking about me. I had kept the blog going for eleven years. I have handed over the reins of the blog to another member. I enjoyed meeting with these women and men very much. I hope I am lucky in finding another great book club up here.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...