Sunday, March 8, 2020

Unsheltered

Not only did I have the pleasure of reading one of my favorite author's books but I also had the bonus of Barbara Kingsolver read Unsheltered to me. The story takes place on the corner of Plum and Sixth in Vineland, New Jersey. Half of the story happens happens now and the other half happened in the 1860's. The house on the corner was falling apart back then and is falling apart now. The difficulty of living in a house that is not sturdy affects both families. Both households seem to be living in precarious times. Of all the Kingsolver books I have read this one appears to be the most political. She writes about someone she calls "The Bullhorn" but I can tell she is talking about Donald Trump. I have always loved Kingsolver's books but even I can tell that a conservative reader would not appreciate this one so much.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...