Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Across The Universe




Two Thumbs Up for the movie, "Across The Universe," a musical telling a story while incorporating songs from the Beatles. I watched it last night. All day today I've had the song, "Nothings Gonna Change My World" running most beautifully through my head. I was reminded how beautiful and poignant the old Beatles songs can be. While watching the movie, I saw a guy and thought, "Is that Joe Cocker?" Later I saw him again dressed as a pimp and thought again, "Could that be Joe Cocker?" Still later I saw him a third time and he flailed his arms like only Joe Cocker can do and I thought, "That's gotta be Joe Cocker." It was. If you see it, keep your eyes open for Joe Cocker. Bono is in it too, wearing sunglasses of course.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...