Tuesday, March 25, 2008

When The Red Red Robin Goes Bob Bob Bobbing Along






A sign of spring was seen this morning. A tired, groggy and sluggish American robin, lacking in street safety skills, was seen and swerved around on my street this morning. I figure it was exhausted from migrating from Mexico, Florida, Texas or Louisiana. I read they can fly 200 miles in a day at a flight speed of 20-30 miles per hour. Their eggs are a strange color. Usually ground dwelling birds have camouflage colored eggs and cavity dwelling birds have white eggs. We Americans can only describe the color as robins egg blue. In Africa, that color would be called vervet monkey teste blue. In any case, what a welcome sight to my winter weary eyes.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...