Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Love Song for Bobby Long

Oh, I saw a good movie the other night called "A Love Song for Bobby Long." It was a heartbreaking dramatic story about love, mothers and daughters, alcoholism, failure and redemption. Plus, John Travolta did a dance called the Alabama shuffle. The camera panned in close on his upper back as he danced with Scarlet Johansson. Even when he plays an aging alcoholic with a gangrenous big toe, he is still hot when he dances. My first memory of John Travolta dancing goes back to the 1976 when I went on a date with a guy named Leon to the movie theater on Division Street in St. Cloud to see Saturday Night Fever. I loved him then and I love him now. (When I say him I mean his dancing). Did you see him dancing with Christopher Walker in "Hairspray"? OMG, the chemistry between the two men was absolutely magical. Even when dressed as as overweight matron, he is a great dancer. I heard he dances well in Pulp Fiction but I abhor gratuitous violence so I haven't seen it. But if you like drama, you will like "Love Song for Bobby Long".


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...