Friday, March 7, 2008

Whales and Mohawks

This is a photo of a nearly mythic creature - a white killer whale spotted off the Aleutian Islands. Go to http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/03/07/white-killer-whale.html
for the full story.


On another note, I had my hair done last night at a new salon. I was lured in by a coupon. Usually I go to the same place and have no trouble communicating what I want. This time there was a communication gap. I tried to explain and my stylist got another woman over to help interpret. They said they understood but I had a sinking feeling they really didn't. Some of my hair turned out darker than usual. When I arrived at work I got lots of reactions. One client said I looked like a knock out. He has a special way of giving compliments. He doesn't give them often but his compliments feel very sincere. I work with another young man in his early 20's. He is the nicest guy and although he is young he is very comfortable talking to people of all ages. He said he loved my hair. He said it was outlandish. This young man has a spiked mohawk with shaved sides, spikes about 5 inches long, sometimes dyed blue or green or purple. Sometimes he wears mascara and black nail polish. He thinks my hair is outlandish? Have I gone too far?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...