Monday, March 3, 2008

Repair Parts Returned

Have you ever brought in something to be repaired and when you went to retrieve your item, been given parts? Like if you have a fan belt replaced, they'll give you the old fan belt? Have you ever been given old spark plugs after a tune-up? Last month I brought my Kenmore upright vacuum cleaner in because it was clogged and snoring like a very old man with severe obstructive sleep apnea. I knew it wasn't broken - only clogged. They gave me back my clog. It must have been a 2 part clog because I got two plastic bags of clog. One clog was full of Christmas tree needles and a hunk of clear plastic. I knew needles were the like culprit. The other bag was full of ordinary vacuum dust - hair, dust, skin cells, dust mites, etc. That got me to thinking and feeling grateful for the things that I don't get back. Tomorrow is my dental cleaning appointment. I'm grateful the hygienist won't hand me a dirty bib with all my tooth scum, plaque, and popcorn hulls. I am grateful the pedicurist doesn't hand me back my toe jam, nail clippings and callous scrapings. I'm grateful the car wash doesn't give me back my road salt, flattened bugs and other highway debris. Dry cleaners don't give you back your stains. Lets not even think about the honey wagon - ewww!

1 comment:

...You know, said...

That is really weird...not to mention gross. Seriously, why not just toss the clog for you? Did they think you'd want to dissect it just for fun? Those sillies.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...