Friday, June 13, 2008

Another Happy Day In Arden Hills! Woot! Woot!

Today a friend and I went to the Drivers License Exam Station in Arden Hills to take our motorcycle written permit test and we passed! Woot! I actually yelled Hoo Hoo in the lobby there. I got 34 out of 38 questions answered correctly. We took the test on a computer and we find out immediately after each question if we were correct or not. The young man behind me, sadly, did not pass. He got 45% on his test. I don't think English is his first language. I can't imagine I'd do very well if I had to take the test in his language. He had a good attitude though and said he would do better next time.


We walked out of there on cloud nine. The last time I went to the Arden Hills Exam center was when I was 18. To this day, that was the happiest day of my life. Oh, I was happy when I got married. I was happy when I found out I was pregnant. I was happy when I had Offspring #1. And I was happy when I had Offspring #2. But the day I got my wheels, well, nothing can compare to the happiness I felt on that day. I love to drive. I took off in my 1968 Rambler American on a natural high that has yet to be matched in quality or intensity.

We're taking the basic motorcycle safety training in early July. I don't have any immediate plans to buy a motorcycle. I'm just taking it one step at a time. With my permit I am allowed to ride a motorcycle in the daylight, off the freeway, only with a helmet and without any passengers. I'm not riding anything until I take that class in July.




No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...