Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mosquito Blitzkrieg



This morning, like every morning, I walk the dog out to the mailbox to get the newspaper and allow her to do her business. The mosquitoes have been bad lately. But today I was attacked my a mosquito blitzkrieg. When I reached my hand into the newspaper box, I saw 5 engorged mosquitoes on the top of my hand. Eight more were sucking my blood through my tights on my right shin. I don't know how many were biting my neck. Curse this short haircut! I did a little mosquito frenzied dance out there on the street, swatting myself with the newspaper and my other hand. Unfortunately, my other hand was not empty but was holding the retractable leash - ouch, that hurt. My dog, Blunder, is emotionally sensitive. If I'm upset, she can't do her business. If she doesn't hurry up and do her business, I get more upset because the mosquitoes are draining me dry. Oh, what a morning.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...