Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Was Wrong


I thought there was a doe with a fawn living in my yard for the past couple weeks. I scared the mother out of the grass out by the canoe last week. I've seen her in the driveway when I leave in the morning and when I come home in the afternoon. She's here all the time and she's very skittish. She'll leave when I approach but she doesn't go very far and she keeps looking back at me. Last weekend we saw a fawn running along the edge of the woods. This morning from the deck I saw both speckled fawns sunning themselves on the edge of the woods. I watched until the mother came out and called them back into the shelter of the woods. So I was wrong about the doe and her fawn. She had twins. I'll bet they are glad it's windy today. The mosquitoes are so nasty. My legs were eaten up when I weeded the garden Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...