Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Purple Ditches

I've had a busy week this week. Normally I work in Blaine but sometimes I go to meetings in Anoka or other nearby cities. In any case, I've been up and down Highway 10 more frequently than usual. I really enjoy getting out of the office when the weather is fine as it has been this week. On my travels, I've noticed the wildflowers blooming in the ditches and fields along the way. Between Main Street and Foley Boulevard, the ditches are positively purple with wildflower blossoms. There are more purple patches on the southern side of the highway. I saw a huge batch of the same flower in the fields surrounding the Rum River library. I think the wildflower is purple crown vetch but I'm not 100% sure. It's hard to get a close look when you're driving down the highway. In any case, the ditches are beautiful.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...