Sunday, April 26, 2009

April Showers



Finally we got some rain today. The thunder and lightening are an added bonus. All week I could see the tree buds swelling with potential but not popping open. Today things are opening up. My crab apple trees have red flower buds. The basswood tree has buds. The maple tree has buds. The red oaks have dropped their leaves. Even a red-twigged dogwood branch that I cut off last fall and stuck into a planter for decoration has tiny leaves opening on it. I've been bringing in dandelion leaves for Migwe, my canary. He loves dandelion leaves more than any other leaf. I've tried celery leaves, lettuce, fresh parsley, bok choy, and kale but dandelion is his favorite.

in

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...