Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chick Arrival

The chicks arrived home safe and sound. As I drove home from Zimmerman and was approaching Mau's corner, a lone sandhill crane flew over my car - a good sign I think. I could hardly work today because I was so excited to bring the chicks home. More chicks were sent than I thought and the females were marked with red splotches on the top of their heads. I have 5 females and 1 male. My plan was to have all females but things don't always work out the way you plan. If I do decide to name the girls Carrie, Samantha, and Charlotte I will definitely name the rooster Mr. Big. I have photos but the Internet is sluggish and my patience is wearing thin. The chickens are here in the house to start out and I can hear them peeping as I type. I wonder if the canary will start sounding like chickens or if the chickens will start singing like a canary?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...