Friday, April 24, 2009

Windy Much?


The wind has been blowing hard the past two days. I rode my motorcycle to work for the first time on Thursday. On my ride home I felt like the wind was trying to push my bike out from underneath me. To compensate, I sat on the side of the seat that the wind was pushing and that helped. When it is windy like this, I worry about a tree in my yard toppling down into the driveway. That tree was fine. Another tree deeper into the woods in the back yard but that is also fine. That tree will give the pileated woodpeckers more food to eat. What unexpected plant blew over? My 9 year old lilac bush tilted to the north. I've been watering and pruning that bush for 9 years. I am surprised it blew over. And it's full of buds. What a rotten time for this to happen. I staked it upright and gave it a long drink of water. I'm crossing my fingers the Charles Joly lilac hybrid survives.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...