Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Webinar


A coworker says to me, "You are coming to the webinar today, right?"
I respond, "No."
She asks, "At 2 o'clock?"
I say, "We're having a meeting in the computer lab with the guy on the speaker phone."
She tells me, "That is a webinar."
I say, "Yes, I'm going to a webinar."
I learn something new almost every day. The only difference between a webinar and a group in the computer lab with a guy on speaker phone is that the guy on speaker phone is projecting his computer images to us. If he wiggles his mouse, the mouse on our screen wiggles. If he opens a window, we see it happening. Did I learn any faster because of the webinar format? Actually, no. I'd prefer to wiggle my mouse myself.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...