Wednesday, October 23, 2013

111

Today was a big day for me; a BIG day.  I got the medical authorization to go back into the pool.  I've been excited all day.  It's been 111 days since the last time I picked up my swim bag and put it in the car in the morning.  It's been 111 days since I wore a swim suit; so long that I forgot what it looks like.  Turns out it's black with teal and yellow trim.  111 days since I put on my white clipper cloppers (also called thongs or flipper floppers or flip flops). 111 days since I put on my striking silver swim cap and inserted my silicone ear plugs.  111 days since I got a good whiff of chlorine.  It smelled awesome. I got in the pool and bingo, the coordination of movement came back immediately.  Swimming felt sublime.  My right leg felt a little weird - like the skin was two sizes too large but not that bad.  I thought I had lost a lot more fitness than I actually did.  I swam a dozen laps.  I didn't want to overdo it the first time.  My back feels great.  There's nothing like swimming to take the kinks out of my back.  Aah, yes, today was a big day for me.  : )

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...