Tuesday, October 1, 2013

That is Just Wrong

I was okay with the decision of MNSure to use Paul and Babe as mascots for the new medical insurance program.  I even thought it was funny to see Paul water skiing across a lake and into a big pine.  But today I saw a newspaper add that was just wrong.  There stood Paul, in his jeans and red plaid shirt, standing next to Babe.  And he wore a hospital gown over his clothes and had an IV in his arms.  Between him and his beloved Babe was an IV pole.  Paul Bunyan as a patient?  In a gown that opens in the back?  You gotta be kidding me.  This is Paul Bunyan; an American folk hero.  Paul Bunyan was a lumberjack.  He ate pancakes so large that the cook had to tie pounds of butter to their feet and skate across the giant frying pan.  Paul Bunyan dug the Grand Canyon when he dragged his ax behind him when he walked.  He is a hero.  Paul Bunyan does not, I repeat - DOES NOT, wear hospital gowns and need IV's.  

2 comments:

Cajo said...

I wonder what they use for IV needles for Paul Bunyan?

Sue said...

copper pipe 2 inch diameter.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...