Sunday, October 6, 2013

Movie Review-Frogs

I was given the movie "Frogs" to watch.  Uncertain about it because I really don't enjoy horror films and wanting to avoid watching it close to frog survey season, I talked a friend and Offspring #2 into watching it with me. In the first couple minutes Offspring #2 says I hope this isn't a long public service announcement about pollution.  She called it early and exactly right.  I don't want to give the ending away but frogs don't really hurt people physically.  Frogs just drive people nuts with their croaking and peeking in the windows.  It's the other reptiles that are dangerous.  This movie has a couple things going for it though.  It's a classic poorly done horror film for one thing.  And it has a young Sam Elliott in it.  He's so young I don't recognize him until he talks.  As usual Sam is wearing jeans and sometimes he takes his shirt off to protect a pretty, young Joan Van Ark from those dangerous reptiles. So if you like Sam Elliott, poorly done horror films, or a walk down memory lane seeing the fashions of the 1960's, you might like watching "Frogs."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...