My kind neighbor brought me a pound of fresh picked organic arugula on Sunday. She belongs to a food coop and she takes what she is given. The arugula was so fresh it still had rain drops on it. I ate some fresh. The peppery taste was very strong. I don't think I've had straight arugula before. It was delicious. I ate some raw. I ate some on a veggie burger. I'm not sure what to do with the rest of it but I'm grateful for such a healthy unusual treat.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Of The Lotus Bloom
Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...

No comments:
Post a Comment