Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Bars

I brought pumpkin bars to book club this week and they were a big hit.  So here is Grandma's Pumpkin Bar recipe:

Ingredients:  4 eggs, 1 C. salad oil (I used butter), 2 C sugar (I used one cup of white and one cup of brown), 2 C pumpkin, 2 C. flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp cinnamon (I used 4 tsp), 1/2 tsp ginger (I used 1 tsp), 1/2 tsp. cloves (I used 1 tsp of cardamom because I was out of cloves), 1/2 tsp nutmeg (I used a heaping teaspoon), 1/2 C. chopped nuts.  Mix all ingredients but the nuts.  Beat well.  Add nuts.  Pour into a greased and floured 10x15 inch pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.  Frosting:  Cream 6 ounces of cream cheese, 3/4 stick of butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 TB milk and 4 cups of confectioners sugar.  Mix well.  Spread on bars. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...