Sunday, October 13, 2013

241 Miles : (

241 miles; that is all I put on my motorcycle this year.  I had a slow start because of a late spring.  And I was unable to ride since I bruised my shin.  Even today, as I put the bike away from the season, I couldn't even drive it to the gas station for a full tank. The skin is too fragile and I still have some discomfort as I flex my foot. I emptied my gas can into my car and refilled it with fresh gas at the gas station.  The gas tank on the motorcycle must have been nearly empty because I poured a full 3 gallons into the tank after I added some Stabil (fuel stabilizer).  And to mix it all together, I started the bike up and ran it for five minutes.  Did I start the machine and get off to let it run?  No, no I didn't.  I sat on it for the entire five minutes.  Oh, it was tempting.  I so wanted to go for a little ride.  Just around the block, I thought, how could it hurt? But I thought better of it and just imagined being on the road as I sat on the bike in my garage.  Next year!  Next year I will put more than 241 miles.  Next summer, with two healthy shins, I plan having twice as much fun as I did this year. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...