Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treating

Today at work a mob of pre-schoolers came in trick or treating.  The greedy, assertive short people didn't settle for what was handed to them.  They grabbed more candy out of the hands of the people handing out the candy.  They were out of control these little costumed tykes.  It brought back a memory of the first time I took Offspring #1 out trick or treating.  I think he was Superman if I remember right.  He had a plastic pumpkin to collect his candy.  I put a couple fun size candy bars into his pumpkin container so he could get an idea of the Halloween experience.  I explained the procedure - we ring the door bell and when they open the door, say, "Trick or Treat."  And then you get candy. He understood most of what I said.  We went to the twin home across the street.  I stood behind him and he pushed the doorbell.  When the door opened he said, "Trick or treat!"  It sounded like "Twick or Tweet."   The woman at the door smiled and lowered her arms so the huge bowl of candy was within his reach.  My sweet little boy reached into his pumpkin, took out the only two candy bars in there, and put them in the woman's giant bowl full of candy. Aaaaaaah!  How sweet and generous and innocent he was.  I kinda felt bad when I set him straight - take the candy; don't give it away.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...