Thursday, October 3, 2013

Turning a Corner

Today I swallowed the last pill of my eighth prescription for antibiotics.  I think I'm turning a corner; the corner to better health.  I first noticed a change on Sunday.  I felt better. I had less pain in my shin.  The hole in my leg was (gasp) shrinking side to side!!!!  Today my wound is 75% smaller than last Saturday.  And it's moved from a round hole to a triangular one.  And although I still have to pack it with wet gauze, hardly any gauze fits in there anymore.  Am I ready to transition from ill to healthy?  Medical patient to adventurer?  Couch potato to active person?  Am I ready to get ready for work without wrapping my leg in the flesh-toned, fashion forward Ace bandage?  Yes, yes I am.  Ready and raring to go; go back to taking a shower, back to swimming in the pool, back to exercising energetically.  I can see the corner now and I am every so ready for it.  Fingers are crossed.  Let's hope this corner doesn't move away from me again.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...