Thursday, October 3, 2013

Turning a Corner

Today I swallowed the last pill of my eighth prescription for antibiotics.  I think I'm turning a corner; the corner to better health.  I first noticed a change on Sunday.  I felt better. I had less pain in my shin.  The hole in my leg was (gasp) shrinking side to side!!!!  Today my wound is 75% smaller than last Saturday.  And it's moved from a round hole to a triangular one.  And although I still have to pack it with wet gauze, hardly any gauze fits in there anymore.  Am I ready to transition from ill to healthy?  Medical patient to adventurer?  Couch potato to active person?  Am I ready to get ready for work without wrapping my leg in the flesh-toned, fashion forward Ace bandage?  Yes, yes I am.  Ready and raring to go; go back to taking a shower, back to swimming in the pool, back to exercising energetically.  I can see the corner now and I am every so ready for it.  Fingers are crossed.  Let's hope this corner doesn't move away from me again.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...