Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Denser The Better

Coming home from work tonight, the visibility was poor.  Fog blurred the outlines of the trees and houses on my road.  Oh, I love dense fog.  The moisture in the air makes me feel warmer than the thermometer indicates.  The stillness of the thick atmosphere makes me feel relaxed and observant.  These dense fog advisories in fall bring me back to my childhood on Transit Avenue when I would walk up and down my dead end road all by myself in the dark thick night.  I couldn't see the trees with their newly bare branches that lined the road until I was right up to them.  Everything would seem so suspenseful in the fog; it's like walking inside a Sherlock Holmes mystery novel.  The lights from my house and my grandparent's house were barely visible but extremely comforting. Dense fog, man, I love it. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...