Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Moment

Today I had a moment. I had one of those moments you want to capture and relive when I'm old and decrepit and possibly on my death bed.  Today was the annual Years of service ceremony at work.  Which I love.  Because it's my favorite day at work. And it went great.  I didn't forget anybody (like I did last year and had to write a speech last minute) and things were planned out well ahead of time. And the people who help me are dependable and helpful and competent and awesome.  When it was all over and I said into the microphone, "Time for cake!"  My boss said, "Wait a minute."  He had a bouquet of orange flowers in his hands.  A couple people looked at me and I looked back at them with widened eyes because I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve despite my efforts to suppress that impulse.  He thanked me in front of the crowd for coordinating the ceremony for so many years.  And everyone clapped.  Wow.  Not being an orchestra person or a play person or a sports person or any kind of performing person, applause is AWESOME!  Like the cowardly lion I said, "Aw Shucks."  I felt like a queen.  No, better than the queen because I wasn't born into this job.  I asked for it and got it and loved it and did my best.  I had a moment today; a great moment.; a moment I plan to remember.  Plus, the flowers are orange.  Did I mention that?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...