Tuesday, November 17, 2015

House of Wong

Maybe it's a small restaurant tucked into an older strip mall or maybe it's a local wonder.  Walking through the beautifully carved wooden doors of the House of Wong brings me back and actually makes a committed vegetarian consider ordering chicken chow mein so she can have a meal that tastes exactly like a meal she had many times as a child.  Not much about the House of Wong has changed in the past 50 years.  The food portions are generous and tastes delicious.  I had Tofu Pad Thai and I don't think they offered tofu when I was a kid but that might be the only change. I think many of the customers are loyal fans.  How do I know this?  Because when I sit in there I see many of the people greet others by name, visit for a few minutes and then return to their own table.  Good food, good service, memories of good times - wish there were restaurants like this in my part of town.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...