Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Locks For Love (or not!)

I learned something new and unpleasant yesterday.  The hair donated to Locks of Love is not going where we were led to believe it is going.  Several articles (Forbes and Huffington Post) on this outfit portray a negative image of this non profit business.  Both my children and many of my friends have donated their hair to this organization who cannot account for 80% of their donations.  Wow, profiting from kindness intended for children and cancer survivors.  How low can  you go?  There are more reputable organizations who do take donations of hair and use it to actually help others in need though.  I always research my charities because I value my money and want to see it used wisely.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...