Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fresh Produce From Florida

I watched my neighbor's cat, Joey, while they traveled for a month.  I never see Joey but I know he's there because he eats his food, drinks his water, and makes deposits in the cat box.  They're back now and they brought me some produce from their niece's yard.  I got two star fruit and a huge avocado. The avocado is the size of 4 avocados that I usually buy at the store.  The avocado is not ready yet.  I'll watch it carefully because avocado is tricky (not ready, not ready, not ready, not ready, not ready, not ready, not ready, not ready, ready, too late).

I had to ask how to eat the star fruit.  I was told to trim off the green parts of the fruit and slice it and eat it raw.  Star fruit tastes good.  The taste is like pineapple but not pineapple; like melon but not melon; unlike any fruit I've eaten before.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...