Sunday, November 15, 2015

Blue Bottles


On my daily noon walks I go by a house in Blaine with an arrangement of blue bottles.  This home owner has three bottles stuck on spikes near a peony bush.  Above the bush there is a shepherd hook with a blue glass bird feeder dangling from it.  I thought that looked nice.  The cobalt blue bottles look nice in the sun shine.  I thought I could do that.  I didn't drink wine but that is the kind of sacrifice I am willing to make for yard art out of reusable items.  I went into the liquor part of Trader Joe's.  A woman asked if I needed help.  I said I need a bottle of wine in a blue bottle.  She said she liked this kind of challenge.  She helped me find two.  I drank those two bottles over the next month and cleaned the labels off.  I stuck them on spikes.  Two bottles didn't look good.  You need an odd number to look artistically right.  So I bought another bottle of wine.  I drank that.  Three blue bottles looked better. Someone gave me an empty blue bottle.  Well, shoot.  Four didn't look good.  I bought another blue bottle.  Five blue bottles looked just right.  I thought I was done.  Someone else gave me a blue bottle.  You can see the six bottles in the pictures above.  Wrong.  Six is wrong.  So guess what?  Yes, strictly for artistic reasons I made the sacrifice and drank another bottle of wine.  Now I have seven.  Seven is enough.  Any more and I'll look like the neighborhood blue bottle wino.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...