Sunday, November 29, 2015

What A Show!

A bonus of having the last four days off work and spending more time at home is the show put on by my local wildlife.  The birds put on a show for Thanksgiving. I had a flock of crab apple eating robins, downy woodpeckers, hairy woodpeckers, red bellied woodpeckers, pileated woodpeckers, and Northern flickers.  This is the first year I have seen Northern flickers eating suet but they have been back every day.  I had chickadees and goldfinches and white breasted nuthatches and cedar waxwings and juncos and blue jays and cardinals.  A flock of turkeys strolled through the yard on Thanksgiving putting on quite a holiday show.  Male and female white tailed deer visited along with my resident chipmunk and a bunch of grey squirrels.  Flocks of Canadian geese can be seen more clearly now that the leaves are off of the trees.  What a show!  I sure enjoyed being home during daylight hours for a change.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...