Friday, November 27, 2015

Turkey Art Contest

I was really impressed with the hard work my guests put into the art contest this year.  Some entries reflected current events.

Others reflected events in their lives such as school

or retirement.

Get it?  Re tire?
Some entries included movie stars.

Or personal practices

and eating habits.
Some were political.

Others were scientific. (Don't eat me. I'm endangered).

This one is a Vladimir Putin turkey standing on the planet earth with the Turkish flag in the background.
This one was a tad violent.

Another Trump turkey.  (Chickens Go Home!)
Another movie reference.

And a Frozen turkey (Let me Go!  Let me Go)!  Everybody should get an award this year.  The actual winner was a non-traditional sculptural rendition of a turkey that involved an entire pineapple, a pear, grapes, and strawberries.  I forgot to get a picture of it before we ate it.  Every year we seem to have a big discussion about what is allowed and what should be allowed.  Strong opinions are voiced and flung recklessly around the room.  And that is how I know we have created real art because only real art invokes such passion.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...