Thursday, November 19, 2015

Can't Watch

People at work are talking about football.  So much time and energy are spent talking about football and planning their days around the games.  I can not relate.  I can't watch football.  Knowing more about concussions now than I used to, I can not stand to see people being paid to hurt each other like that knowing some of those injuries will be permanent.  No amount of money is worth a concussion to me.  I know I can't spare any IQ points.  I am not the only one who thinks this way.  A fellow I work with said watching football now is like the Romans watching the gladiators in the coliseum.  He thinks the end of the game is near.  He wonders what we will do with the huge stadiums paid for by tax payers.  I hope he is right but what activity will fill the vacuum of time and money spent on this barbaric sport?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...