Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Not An Old Dog

Today I replaced the oil filter and changed the oil on my motorcycle.  I needed some tools.  I have Allen wrenches and  screwdrivers and a good light.  I find I have to scold myself sometimes.  I tend to use whatever is handy and not take the time to find the right tool for the right job.  If I have the correct sized tool the job goes much easier.  Taking the time to go and get the correct tool saves time in the long run.  Yes, sometimes a butter knife will work but why not go and get the screwdriver?  I know where it is.  And if a screwdriver will work, won't the cordless drill work even better?  I paid money for the tool so I may as well make use of it.  It's time I took more pride in my work.  It's time I dump this habit of grabbing what ever is handy.  I have decided.  I'm not too old of a dog to learn new tricks.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...