Sunday, November 22, 2015

Presentation

I went to a party yesterday and was so impressed with the presentation.  Don't get me wrong.  The people at the party were kind and friendly and very interesting. But the table was set so beautifully!  Much of the food followed the pink theme including strawberry cream cheese for the croissants, raspberry chipotle glaze over cream cheese for the pita chips, pomegranate seeds, pink cookies and pink grapes.  A mixture of raspberries and blue berries with small squares of pound cake were put in martini glasses covered with cool whip and a few raspberries on top. We had tiny little spoons with stones in a wire ball at the top to eat them with. For sure the fancy glass and fancy spoon made it taste even more delicious.  We could have pink lemonade in wine glasses once we took the pink curly ribbon out. The food came prepared except for the chicken salad which she made herself.  This hostess spent her time and energy on presentation.  I tend to do the opposite.  I spend my time making the food and to hell with the presentation.  My glasses don't match and I don't have tiny spoons that are not dishwasher safe.  I could focus on presentation because I see how nicely it comes across but I won't.  I like good food too much.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...