Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Good Times!

The lift bridge in the quaint river town of Stillwater is about to close.  Officials won't say exactly when because they fear an influx of the "one last time acrossers."  I have been over that lift bridge in the back seat of my father's car, the back seat of my Uncle Richard's car, driving my own car, once on foot, and most fun of all, on the bike. The years of my life when I went over the most frequently was the years after I graduated from high school and before I transferred to college in Saint Cloud. At that time, the legal age for drinking in Minnesota was 21 and the legal age for drinking in Wisconsin was 18. I feel nostalgic now for the lift bridge, the days I thought the finest wine was Boone's Farm wine, and the times we enjoyed tubing down the Apple River.  Good times.  Good times.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...