Saturday, August 5, 2017

Productive Day

Today  I was productive. Woke up at 3:30.  Was not tired. Putzed around. Left for the gym at 4:00. Swam till 5. Shopped at Cub at 5:30. School supplies are out? And it isn't even midsummer yet? Monitored Coon Creek at 6:30. Breakfast and coffee at 7:30. Made yogurt and iced green tea. Started cleaning the kitchen cupboard. Tired of lids falling on me when I open the door. Found this note from 1984.  Offspring #1 was six months old when this note was written.  Don't judge me. I never wanted to Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval anyway. Skyped with grandchildren at 10:30.  Sang a rousing rendition of "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore" including as a canoe paddle prop for dramatic effect. Gave skype tour of the yard. Lunch at 1 while watching a most arousing episode of the Aussie Downton Abbey (A Place to Call Home). Made spinach pie but with a wild rice crust this time. So good! Opened Amazon box with my new ratcheting Fiskars loppers.  Lopped for 2 hours.  Hauled branches to various spots for an hour. Thought about burning brush tonight.  Changed my mind. Went to the bathroom.  In the mirror I saw an inchworm waving at me from my right shoulder. Swooped worm off me. Regretted not taking a picture first. Spend 3 minutes locating inchworm.  Killed it. Cleaned up yard. Ate Spinach pie. Brought the canary in from socializing with gold finches on the deck all day. That is all. Lovely day.  The end.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...