Friday, August 4, 2017

Zucchini Chips


A friend of mine gave me a yellow zucchini and a recipe for zucchini chips. These are to die for! Three years ago I thought I didn't like zucchini except grated in sauces or in bread. I was so wrong. Lucky for me the weather is perfect for heating an oven to 450 degrees! Bonus that I had all the ingredients at hand.  Bonus Bonus that the bread crumbs and cheese were Sicilian!
Ingredients for Kim's zucchini chips: a sliced zucchini, 2 scrambled eggs for dipping, 1 C. bread crumbs, 3/4 C. grated Parmesean cheese, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder. Mix together. Dip in egg then bread crumbs mixture. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. 
Ingredients for zucchini chip sauce: 1/3 C. mayo, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...