Monday, August 28, 2017

The Minnesota Fair Is a Great State Fair!

I'll try to stay quiet as I guide you on a photo journey of a honkey dory day at the Minnesota State Fair. I must find some Hope butter (available at Lunds, Byerlys and some co-ops).I met family members at the dairy building. Should I carve the butter for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

I already knew Bongards was the best cheese (available at Cub).

She may be lying when she wears glasses that says I heart beef. I suspect she prefers leather over beef but I might be mistaken. I know she appreciates the beauty of a dairy or beef cow. Seriously, who has ever seen an ugly cow?

The fish pond near the DNR building. My nephew thinks the minnows look nervous.

Here I stand by some random bear. I should give it more space. Bears can be dangerous. I do not think this one is a Grizzly so I should be fine as long as I don't get between it and it's cubs. I am not sure if this is a male or a female bear but does it really make any difference? The jeans  seem very fitted and the belt buckle is unusually large. I don't know if it's appropriate to ask a bear, "Have you been working out?"

Not just anyone gets to go upstairs at the DNR building. The sign says "Employees Only" but volunteers are welcome too.

Real or Memorex? At least one of these is a poser.

Most people take pictures of their food before they eat it but I was hungry. Mushroom and Swiss crepes are to die for.

See that woman wearing a beautiful emerald green costume? She is an emerald ash borer. She gets to talk to people. Smokey only gets to wave, dance,gesture or shrug. People can say whatever they want to Smokey and there is not a darn thing the bear can say. I am less comfortable with that vow of silence now than I used to be. Emerald brings out my green eyes. Hmmmmmm, something to think about.

I do like going upstairs in the DNR building though. Only the elite get to use the bathroom and the shower upstairs. Smokey gets a free bottle of Gatorade.

So many really cool people go to the Minnesota State Fair. A sibling of mine goes to the state fair every single day it is open; every year. She or he tries to get a picture taken with the state fair mascot. By the way, the state fair mascot is not Goldy Gopher. I was unaware. The state fair has two mascots. I have a photo of my sibling with a big smile on his the face sitting on a golf cart with the two mascots in the background. I asked if I could use the photograph and he the sibling said no. I can respect that decision. I have the image on my phone and might use it for blackmail leverage in the future.

I did not know we have more pigs than people in our state. The fact kinda makes me nervous. Have you ever read Animal Farm?

The biggest boar is such a looker! A trip to the dentist would help though because I noticed some plaque.

Look at the beautiful pattern of this cowhide! I am no Cruella de Ville but I would wear a coat of this pattern.

OMG! I found a woodpecker! A Pilieated woodpecker.  I just had to introduce myself. I am friendly that way.

And as I left I said, "See you later Woody. Ha ha ha HA ha!" I crack myself up.

I really like this mosaic. I took a picture to steal the idea.

And this picture was intriguing. You will never guess who is behind the curtain!  LOL

After 11 hours of fair going we headed toward home. I have not enjoyed a fair this much for 20 years. That is my in the orange (favorite color) rain poncho. The rain came suddenly and came down hard. The streets had deep streams of water some of which were 5 inches deep. The rain felt good and was helpful in cleaning the cow pie off my blue shoes.

I don't know if you can see it but in the sky is a plane towing a message.  The message says Surrender Dorothy call Linda Latino or something like that and also it had a phone number. Is this a new way to find a date? I do not know. Thank you for viewing my photo essay of my day at the state fair. I hope I didn't talk too much.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...