Wednesday, August 30, 2017

March

Take my advice and please read March by Geraldine Brooks. Why? It's a good book, that is why and also I am a bossy person on this blog. A combination of literary genres are in the book including humor, historical fiction, and romance. March is a fusion of Louisa May Alcott and Geraldine Brooks. I can't really describe it. When Louisa wrote Little Women she focused on the four girls of the family while their father went off to war and their mother left to help him when he ended up ill and in the hospital. That explains why it took me a very long time to realize the connection. Also, as I read the book one of the more irritating women in the book used a phrase that one of the more irritating women at work uses all the freaking time.  As I listened to the book on CD I heard the voice of my coworker and I pictured my irritating coworker.  I actually think this book helped me understand and appreciate my irritating coworker. I really should write Geraldine  Brooks and thank her for improving my relationships at work because irritating people are people too. They may not intend to be irritating. I hope you do not find me irritating when I repeat my advice and ask you to read this book.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...